IMPORTANT TIPS FOR CAKE SIZE
It’s necessary to meet personally with the baker who will create the cake. You need to make sure that you and the baker have the same vision for your cake.
- There is normally a 4″ difference between each tier.
- Cakes can be either frosted or rolled fondant. It is not advised to have one tier frosted and another tier in rolled fondant.
- However you can have fondant accents on a buttercream cake or buttercream accents on a fondant cake.
- You CAN have a square tier with a round tier on top.
- You CAN have a round tier with a square tier on top.
- You CAN alternate square and round tiers throughout the cake.
The cake should relate:
- To the size of the room. For example, tall ceilings would require a tall cake.
- To the size of the bride and groom. If they are small people the cake should not over power them. If they are taller people then the cake should be as well.
- To it’s surroundings. If the cake is in a formal room then it too should be formal. If outdoors among vibrant colors, the cake should also be vibrant.
- To the colors of the room. The colors of the room are not always the colors of the bridal party. Be sure that the colors of the cake do not clash with the colors of the walls surrounding it. When in doubt go White.